Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Designing the Interior

Deigning the interior... 


...with such a small space, inches have great value. It's a minute-detail awareness involving the measurements of everything from the width of a hanger to heights of tops, jackets, dresses, bottoms, and shoes. The try-on room is based on the measurement of a shower...can everyone change in the space of their bathtub, I wonder...I hope so...because that's what I'm going with? Interestingly, research says that you shouldn't have a mirror facing the entrance of the store where people can see themselves immediately as walking in. I think about this...I concur, I don't think I'd like that. Effect --> must adjust design...frustrating, the mirror worked so perfectly there. Other considerations: as the truck will be traveling from location to location, things must be fairly secure on shelves so stuff won't fall off on the drive...solution: less shelving, more hanging..this works out anyway because, as a shopper, it's easier to browse hanging things then folded things.

No comments:

Post a Comment